Christmas - Songs To Save Your Sanity II
It's Christmas again, as much as we love Jona Lewie it's gotten to the point where we don't want to stop the cavalry. We want them to rampage through the airwaves, putting the likes of Slade and Cliff Richard to the sword. Death! Death to them all! DEATH!
Anyway, like last year, I'm doing another lesser played Xmas song collection. And here it be!
1. Sad Lovers and Giants - Christmas on Easter Island
2. The Residents - Dumbo, the Clown (who loved Christmas)
3. Malcolm Middleton - We're All Going To Die (Radio Session)
4. Ren and Stimpy - I Hate Christmas
5. Coil - Christmas is Drawing Near
6. Werdwolfen - Christmas Pan Disaster
7. The Damned - There Aint No Sanity Clause
8. Flaming Lips - Christmas at the Zoo
9 . Pet Shop Boys - It Doesn't Often Snow at Christmas
10. The Fall - No Xmas for John Quays
11. Swinging Buildings - Praying for a Cheaper Christmas
12. Paul Haig - Scottish Christmas
Soooo, what do we have here? Highlights including the dense, slightly sinister electro pop of Swinging Buildings (who are possibly New Order and chums faffing around), the Fall bombing through John Quays on an early Peel Session. A rather beautiful instrumental from Paul Haig, even if it does sound a bit like it should be the backdrop to a sofa advert. Sprout based woes from Werdwolfen, Malcolm Middleton spreading Xmas cheer and lots more. Enjoy.
oppenheimer analysis - new mexico (1982)
1 month ago